GUIDED TOUR INFORMATION
Pre-scheduled group guided tours of the SCULPTURE PARK and MUSEUM are offered Monday–Sunday, 10 am–4 pm, Memorial Day through Columbus Day.
- Because of the delicate nature of our upcoming exhibitions, guided tours will be scheduled for all groups of 10 or more visiting inside the Museum.
- Due to the high demand for guided tours, it is recommended that your request be submitted at least three weeks in advance. Every effort will be made to accommodate requests.
- Guided tours are approximately 45 minutes and can be arranged for groups of 10–100 people.
- A Museum Guide will contact you approximately one week before your tour to confirm your reservation, take any requests, and answer questions about your visit.
- Cancellations must be submitted 10 business days prior to the date of your tour.
- Please arrive on time, as our Museum Guides await your arrival. Groups arriving late may have to conduct a self-guided visit depending on Guide schedules.
- Tours are conducted rain or shine.
SELF-GUIDED TOUR INFORMATION
Pre-scheduled group self-guided tours of the SCULPTURE PARK are offered Monday–Sunday, 10 am–4 pm, Memorial Day through Columbus Day. Because of the delicate nature of our current exhibition on view, guided MUSEUM tours must be scheduled for all groups of 10 or more visiting inside the Museum.
- All groups of 10 or more are required to make a reservation in advance, including a guided tour, in order for the museum to prepare its visitor services and security staff accordingly.
- Audio tours of the Park and Museum are available free from your cell phone.
- Additional self-directed activities related to exhibitions are available in the Museum.
SCHOOL AND YOUTH TOURS
DeCordova welcomes pre-schools, school groups, youth programs, and camps and can help you plan a guided or self-guided tour to meet your groups’ needs. Please complete the School Tour Form.
Pre-scheduled school and youth group guided tours of the SCULPTURE PARK and MUSEUM are offered Monday–Sunday, 10 am–4 pm, Memorial Day through Columbus Day. Guides are trained to give tours to grades 1–12. Preschool and kindergarten-age groups are welcome to take a self-guided tour and/or use the Eye Tour for cell phones or the Sculpture Park Family Activity Kits, all designed for 2–5 year-olds.
In addition to the guided tour information above, please note:
- Because of the delicate nature of our current exhibition on view, guided tours must be scheduled for all groups of 10 or more visiting inside the Museum.
- Our trained Museum Guides help students understand and engage with the world of contemporary art. Tours are approximately 45 minutes. You may stay in the Sculpture Park longer, if you would like time for self-guided viewing or have an assignment for your students.
- Please avoid giving students assignments to complete during guided tours. These experiences are interactive and require dialogue between Museum Guides and students.
- One teacher or chaperone is required for every 10 students.
- All teachers and chaperones are expected to engage in the artistic experience with students and Museum Guides as well as supervise student behavior. Chaperones must remain with students at all times.
GROUP VISIT FEES
Group visit fees apply to guided and self-guided groups of 10 or more.
All groups of 10 or more are required to make a reservation in advance by completing a Tour Form. Your visit will be confirmed when you receive a confirmation letter with accompanying invoice, visit guidelines, and directions. If we need to adjust the date of your request, you will be promptly notified via phone or email.
Upon arrival at deCordova, payment can be made with Visa, Mastercard, American Express, cash, or check made payable to deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum.
PreK-12 Group Fees
10-20 students $100
21-40 students $200
41-60 students $400
61-80 students $550
81-100 students $700
Teachers and chaperones are $10 per person.
One teacher or chaperone is required for every 10 students.
College & Adult Group Fees
If you need to communicate with the Museum, please contact Education Coordinator Donna Berube at 781.259.3603 or email@example.com.
Tours tailored to the visually impaired and those with limited mobility may be requested. Please note any special requests on the Tour Form or contact Education Coordinator Donna Berube at 781.259.3603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Throughout the year, deCordova offers a variety of special tours such as birding tours, curator-led tours, and snowshoe tours. Keep an eye on the Calendar for these special programs.